Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Albany
I guess with all this chatter about NY and Albany it got me thinking to the time I lived there and all the times that I visited. I'm sure I wouldn't recognize any of it (although the Capital building and those steps have never changed...I have a picture of Oma sitting on them as a little girl...and as a little girl I often "ran" up and down as only a child could.) I was feeling a certain closeness to that neck of the woods and was wondering how different it would be if I lived there instead of here. I was looking at real estate and saw a house for sale...set back off the road...a cape cod...surrounded by lots of trees...and lots of snow. I wonder what it would be like to live in that house. Just a momentary thought and a little bit of a longing to perhaps one day see what that part of the country is like today. Then again...perhaps I don't...perhaps I should just remember it as it was 40-50 years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment